Beyond IQ: Emotional Intelligence for the Workplace
For decades, several organization development thought leaders held the notion that the teams composed of the best and the brightest would consistently be among the highest performing. teams. We now know that while IQ is vital to success in several aspects workplace performance, EQ, or Emotional Intelligence, is equally as important. While IQ manifested in functional expertise can produce business results, EQ how often determines how successful we are in life and our careers. When we consider the truly extraordinary people who inspire and make a difference, we begin to see that they do this by connecting with others at a personal and emotional level.
During this interactive workshop, attendees will explore the role of emotional intelligence in the workplace and how to tap into their EQ to promote a more positive and productive environment.
As with all EduJay workshops, an initial discovery session can be conducted to ensure that workshop objectives align with the context of your organization. We take pride in tailoring our material to fit the learning needs of your audience.
- Explore the history of emotional intelligence
- Identify the blueprint of emotional intelligence
- Understand and harness emotions
- Apply optimism to adverse situations
- Develop a personal vision
- Pre-work: None
- Class Size: Recommended class size of 20-30 participants. Additional attendees beyond maximum capacity may be negotiated.
- Instructional Time: 4 hours of instructional time, not including lunch and breaks. Session can also be delivered in a 4 hour variant.
- Audience: Individual contributors, supervisors, managers, senior leaders.
- Discounts are available for new clients, libraries, and library associations.