Don't Step in the Leadership
Making the transition from an individual contributor to a people manager can be an exciting and important step in your career, but with your newfound professional power comes even greater responsibility. Many of the technical skills, relationships, and personal intangibles that have helped you progress to this point in your career may not be enough for you to thrive in your expanded role. As a manager, you are a critical link between your direct reports and higher levels of leadership within the organization. Now, more than ever before, you need to focus on expanding your leadership capabilities, particularly with communicating, coaching, and handling conflict. You can inadvertently step into some muddy situations if you fail to focus on developing your leadership practice.
During this interactive one-day workshop, EduJay challenges new or aspiring managers to identify their leadership style, learn to adapt their style based on situations, improve their communication, resolve conflict, and learn to develop other through coaching.
As with all EduJay workshops, an initial discovery session can be conducted to ensure that workshop objectives align with the context of your organization. We take pride in tailoring our material to fit the learning needs of your audience.
- Identify your primary leadership style.
- Develop flexibility to use other leadership styles.
- Identify methods for planning, prioritizing, and managing your time.
- Determine approaches for meeting the needs of your direct reports through communication and coaching.
- Explore tactics for transforming conflict into a creative force for solving problems.
- Pre-Work: Attendees are asked to complete a brief leadership questionnaire.
- Class Size: Recommended class size of 12-24 participants. Additional attendees beyond maximum capacity may be negotiated.
- Instructional Time: 6 hours of instructional time, not including lunch and breaks.
- Audience: Individual contributors aspiring to be supervisor, new supervisors/managers.
- Discounts are available for new clients, libraries, and library associations.