Presentation Skills Boot Camp
Imagine for a moment the great presenters you have witnessed in action, whether it is a politician, a a vendor who has pitched you a product, or an an amazing speaker delivering a keynote. Although these individuals may come from different industries and different backgrounds, the ones who leave an impression share two characteristics: they have the appropriate speaking skills and the personal confidence to bring their presentations to life. That confidence is rooted in knowing their message and being comfortable with their communication skills.
During this highly-interactive, experiential workshop, participants will master the skills that will make them a better speaker or presenter.
As with all EduJay workshops, an initial discovery session can be conducted to ensure that workshop objectives align with the context of your organization. We take pride in tailoring our material to fit the learning needs of your audience.
- Discover methods for establishing a connection with your audience
- Learn techniques to manage fear
- Identify your strengths as a speaker and how to connect with various audiences
- Apply elements of visual rhetoric to slide design
- Enhance your stage presence
- Apply class concepts by delivering a short presentation
- Pre-work: Attendees are asked to prepare a 5 minute presentation describing the nature of their work and how it fits into the mission, vision, and/or goals of the organization.
- Class Size: Recommended class size of 16-20 participants. Additional attendees beyond maximum capacity may be negotiated.
- Instructional Time: 10 hours of instructional time, not including lunch and breaks (a day and half workshop). Session can also be delivered in a 6 hour variant.
- Audience: Individual contributors, supervisors, managers, senior leaders.
- Discounts are available for new clients, libraries, and library associations.